Thursday, October 8, 2009

Fun Facts for Feeding Four Adults and Eight Funny Kids

Well, I'm wrapping up my first week of cooking for twelve - four adults and eight kids. We're dedicated to eating healthy, which means I've been baking my bread and making french toast (no syrup for my kids, a little for our cousins - change comes gradually!) for breakfast, baked potatoes for lunch for kids at home, homemade granola bars for after-school snacks, and milk at two meals.

Just for fun, I thought I'd share what we've gone through this week:




9 loaves of bread


5 dozen eggs




8 gallons of milk





7 pans of granola bars (13 x 9)
We ran out of fruit on Tuesday and had to start opening canned fruit. I go to the grocery store tomorrow and will buy a lot more fruit this time!
Overall it's been a very successful week. Suzy and I have a system worked out where we can clean the whole house in about 1.5 hours (which includes the kids "helping" us). We help each other out with running errands and child care, so it's nice. Still have a few kinks to work out (like how to arrange our school books so it doesn't look like we're cluttering up the family room) but it will come.
I'll include more photos of kids next week - I'm not sure where my USB cord is yet!

1 comment:

Amy Mak said...

Yea! I can log in and see the Brown family! Thanks for the link; it's so fun to see your world up there in Alaska. 5 dozen eggs...wow!