Monday, January 25, 2010

Walt Disney World 2011 Half Marathon!

I just registered for the Walt Disney World Half Marathon on Jan. 8 next year! I’ll run/walk the family 5K the day before with the kids (Andy, I’m sure, will volunteer to not run it and hold the baby instead – he sacrifices so much for our family!). I figure with the baby due mid-August, I’ll rest through September, then hit my training in October. Three months to train should be good. I plan to keep running short distances (just 2-3 miles several times a week) through my second trimester, and then slow it down as needed for the 3rd, so I hope to be in good shape heading into this thing. I’m so excited!! It feels good to have a goal again.

So, I need help thinking of a funny t-shirt to wear. It’s kind of a race thing to help each other laugh and try to forget how much pain we are in as we run. ;)


  • Have Andy draw a picture in the likeness of one of the 7 dwarfs holding an inhaler and name him “Wheezy” (I have exercise induced asthma)

  • Front: “When you wish upon a star…”, back: “how I wish I had a car”

  • Fit, Fabulous, and slightly Foolish – 40!
  • “I think I can, I think I can, I think I can

Other ideas???

No comments: