We leave Wednesday for New Hampshire. Only 48-hours from now I'll be boarding the plane with the kids heading home. I'm really looking forward to it.
We've spent the last several weeks preparing to move, the past week packing and hauling everything to Andy's sister's house to store in her big shed. I packed up the kitchen today and did some cleaning. Tomorrow will be the bedrooms and our final packing for NH. Final cleaning and miscellaneous will be Wednesday. It's been a lot of work, but I think we'll meet our time schedule and then I'll spend the next 8.5 weeks relaxing and playing with friends while we wait for this baby to be born. I know we'll be spending at least 3 months in New Hampshire, but I really, really hope it is a permanent move.
Alaska has been a wonderful experience. I have come to love and appreciate this wild and rugged state, but my heart is in the gentle hills of New Hampshire. I've enjoyed getting to know Andy's family better and watching the kids interact with them. We have lots of good memories from this past year. I've also learned that I can live anywhere as long as I am with Andy and the kids. They are the reason I get up each morning with a smile (and collapse exhausted into my bed at night - but still smiling!). Above all, I've learned that good friends really are like family and I'm looking forward to spending the summer with our huge NH family.
Monday, June 14, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
JEALOUS. Happy for you and sad for me. Life goes on.
Post a Comment