Friday, August 20, 2010

Welcome Samuel Elisha Brown!

Sam is here! He was born on Wednesday, 8/18, at 11:40 am. I started timing my contractions at 6:20 am, called my good friend Amy and labor coach at 6:45 am and asked her to come get me as the contractions were 4-6 minutes apart and intense. We got to the hospital and I was almost a six. Admission, epidural (ahhhh), and at 11:40 we had Sam! It was such a great experience; I missed having Andy there, but it was neat having an "all girl" environment - just Amy, my midwife, and a really great nurse.

Sam's stats:
8.5 lbs.
20 inches
blueish eyes
cute little froggy! :)

You can see pictures of him on Amy's blog: http://maisymak.blogspot.com/2010/08/doula.html

I'm home from the hospital, I was home by dinner on Thursday, and we pick up Andy at the airport tomorrow morning (Saturday). I'll post pics myself over the weekend, but for now, check out Amy's.

1 comment:

The Toronto Family said...

CONGRATS!!! i still have 5 weeks until my due date... I am trying to be patient!

What a CUTE family you have!