We are back in Alaska.
For the past 8 months the kids and I have been in our home in New Hampshire while Andy looked for a job there and continued to work in Alaska. While we loved, loved, loved being with our friends again in NH, we missed Andy too much and the job search was going on far too long. So we decided to reunite the family and head back to Alaska for a short time. We will continue to search for a job in NH, but we will do as a family from Alaska.
Sunday after church some of my dear friends started singing one of my favorite hymns - a few started and then the whole room spontaneously joined in:
God be with you till we meet again;
By his counsels guide, uphold you;
With his sheep securely fold you.
God be with you till we meet again.
Till we meet, till we meet,
Till we meet at Jesus’ feet,
Till we meet, till we meet,
God be with you till we meet again.
I was so touched. I know that I will always remember the love I felt in that room. I am so grateful for my friends - my sisters - from whom I have learned so much.
God be with you till we meet again.
2 comments:
So nice. We already miss you! And I'm glad your blog is now public and I don't have to sign in :)
Debbie -
What a wonderful group of friends you had in NH. They welcomed me with open arms when I visited you and the kids. They will always have a very special place in my heart for all the love they have shown to you and the kids and also to me.
Love, Mom
Post a Comment