We have been blessed so much recently. On Monday are moving into our rental home "The Lodge" as it has become known (mainly because it's more like a cabin/lodge then a home, but more on that later)! We are so excited! We will continue to help Suzy for the next three weeks during the day, but we'll be spending nights and weekends in our own place. We're very excited.
That is not, however, the project I want YOUR help with! We need your help with some names as we are adopting some pets! We need some mousers for the Lodge and will be adopting two FREE kittens this weekend. One boy, one girl. Here is a picture of them.

We need help coming up with names! We've been tossing around everything from Henry and Beezus to Lizzie and Darcy (not Elizabeth - that's my mom's name and Katherine's middle name) to Harry and Hermione to Tristan and Isolde! Who are your favorite male/female characters?
As if that is not enough, we are also adopting a puppy! We've wanted an Australian Shepard for a long, LONG, time. It's never been the right time for us though. Well, we have found a 3 month old puppy that needs a home and she's also FREE! We'll be picking her up in two to three weeks. Here's a picture of her.

She's a red Australian Shepard mix. We met her tonight and have all fallen in love with her. She is so sweet and solid (important with our very active kids!). They had so much fun chasing her all around and playing fetch. We can't wait to take her home! I've always wanted a dog named either Darcy (Pride & Prejudice) or Bauer (as in Jack from 24). Andy has nixed both those ideas because this dog is a girl (understandably). After tossing around lots of names, the one we like the best so far is Chloe (also from 24). We are, however, looking for names for her too. Any ideas?
The addition of these animals is very exciting for an animal loving family such as ours! The kids are SO excited and understand that these animals are their Christmas presents this year (that and I'm making them each a warm quilt for their beds) and it will mean more chores for them. They are responsible for taking 100% care of these animals. I'm hoping they'll learn responsibility in addition to having some pets to love. It's also going to be fun for me to have a four-legged running partner - on days that it's above 20 degrees - less then 20 and I just hit the treadmill!
Let me know if you have any fun ideas for names.
3 comments:
From Dad: I like Chloe. Friends of ours have brother and sister dogs (Papallion/Shithzu combinations) with Chloe and Gismo as their names. Chloe was the "smart" one and the easiest to train. They both love children (and playtime).
I agree with your dad on the name of Chloe. I would use that name for your dog.
The kittens could be named Mike & Mindy (or Molly). Also Oliver Jack and Penelope are both unusual names that would be different for kittens.
Love, mom
I agree with your Dad -
my choice for the female dog is Chloe.
The kittens (male & female) could be called Mike & Mindy (or Molly). Oliver Jack and Penelope are also some unusual names for the kittens.
Love Mom
Post a Comment