
Here she (?) is! Our next addition to the Brown family, baby #5 is due mid-August. Is this our Evelyn? I hope so!
I'm at 10 weeks and 4 days, at 12 weeks I'll officially be "out of the woods" but at the doctor's office yesterday she had a strong heartbeat and is developing just fine. I feel crummy, so I take it as a good sign that all will go well. I only lost one baby after we heard the heartbeat, so I'm hopeful that this pregnancy will "take." I'm starting to get excited, but still looking forward to next Monday, Feb. 1, the 12 week mark, before I get too excited.
And yet, I can't help but get a little excited about holding a newborn again. Napping with her cuddled on my chest. Breathing in the wonderful baby smell. I do love babies. If I wasn't turning 40 this year I wouldn't mind having more, but I am so it's probably wise to "retire" after this one and leave the birthing room to the younger ladies. I've had a good run though and am grateful that I get one last turn before retirement.
For now, as I sip my ginger ale, I'll dream my baby dreams and enjoy one last round of cuddly blankets, little fingers curled around mine, and the knowledge that time is precious so we need to enjoy every minute.
3 comments:
Dad: Congratulations again! Very good to hear from you. Keep us posted. I still remember the love from little fingers in a big hand. No big parties. Take care of yourself first, I know Andy and the "kids" will all help. ALMOST wish we could be up there with you, but I see the temperature hasn't been over 20 degrees for a long time. (Below freezing!!!) Love you ALL, Dad
Debbie! So fun to see baby. This is very fun. So glad all is going well so far. Take good care of yourself. Hope the tornado twins are being good :) Gosh, I miss them! And you all...much love, Amy
i love babbys.
Post a Comment