Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Katherine's Baptism

Katherine was baptized on Saturday. It was a special day for all of us - it brought back all my memories of my own baptism - the sense of calm and peace, I just knew I was making the right decision for me. I remember thinking that more then anything, I wanted my children to be able to experience this incredible feeling for themselves. On Saturday, Katherine did.



Katherine was baptized by Andy. He was so proud of his little girl! They are so close, it was great to watch them experience this together.


Here we all are - how come even my face looks pregnant??




This is Katherine with Grandma and Grandpa Brown. Notice the authentic Alaskan coat Grandma has on - it's needed for the freezing winters here.



Here is Katherine with the Spackman's; Suzy is Andy's younger sister. This is the awesome family we lived with for two months.



Here is Katherine with Amber and her daughter Sonya. Amber is Andy's sister too - they came down from Fairbanks (a 6 hour drive one-way). Amber has six kids, but they stayed back on Fairbanks while Amber and Sonya flew down to spend the day with Katherine.

After the baptism, Andy's parents took us all out to Cold Stone for ice cream. Then we went over to Suzy's and I made spinach lasagna for everyone. We spent the day together just playing and enjoying each other's company. It was a really special day and I'm glad we were able to spend it with family.

2 comments:

Amy Mak said...

So nice Debbie and congratulations to Katherine! Wish we could have been there. Your family looks so good and your face does NOT look pregnant :) Nice post.

savannah said...

Congratultins Katherine on your Baptism. This is a ver special time in your life. I love you very much! What a beautiful picture of your whole family and Debbie, you look fantastic. Looking at the picture, you don't even look pregnant. Love you all,
Florida Grammy