Thursday, April 1, 2010

April Fools!

I have to admit, I've never been a big fan of April Fools Day; but a few years ago I saw a really funny April Fools Day recipe that I've been wanting to try. It was a recipe for meatloaf with potatoes spread all over it so it looks like a cake with icing. This year, I thought I'd go ahead and take a stab at it. Here's the result:



The picture in the magazine was far cuter, but I've never been a perfectionist when it comes to creative projects.


The kids were ECSTATIC that mommy (Mrs. Anti-sugar) was serving them cake for dinner! Do you see the grin on Christians' face?!

It didn't take long for the kids to understand that this was not actually cake and that mommy had fooled them. This is Christian saying, "Hey, this isn't icing, get it off my finger!"

Luckily, they all liked the meatloaf and thought my trick was pretty funny. Katherine asked me to make another one for her birthday next year to fool all her friends. I'll have to work on my "cake" decorating skills between now and then!

1 comment:

joann said...

that is so GREAT! I'm totally doing that next year! .... if I remember... :)