I started off with a good breakfast. It's raining, so no run early this morning, I'll run 3-4 miles when the boys nap a little later. This is what I've been having for breakfast for the past several weeks. It's "Amy's Runner's Granola" with blueberries, strawberries and skim milk. SO yummy! I make the granola using my friend Amy's recipe, it's loaded with seeds and nuts so it has a lot of protein and healthy fats. I add vanilla and cinnamon to it for extra flavor. My favorite breakfast!
The girls have their first day of Girl Scout camp today. Yes, notice the sweaters in July; it's chilly today. Our high is only 54 (it's been in the low 70s last week, hoping today is just a fluke), and, as I mentioned it's rainy so they dressed warm and have rain gear in their backpacks. They have on t-shirts underneath their sweaters, but I doubt they'll be taking the sweaters off today.
The girls left around 7am with Andy, so it's just the boys and I today. Here are my big boys learning how to use the potty. The t-shirts were quickly replaced with long sleeves, but we tend to start the day with optimism!
In between trips to the potty, it's laundry day. OK, who am I kidding, every day is laundry day! I didn't to laundry Sunday, so I've got about four loads to do today. Here they are, waiting patiently for me to wash them.
Oh yes, and all the laundry that I did on Saturday is still waiting to be put away, here's Christian "helping" me with the laundry.
In addition to potty training and laundry, there is the standard cleaning to do, bread that needs to be made (we go through a loaf a day now - but it's the size of the Pampered Chef stone bread pans, not supermarket size). I bake two loaves at a time, so I make bread about every other day - give or take. I'm getting ready to do circle time with the boys (sing songs, read stories, and practice shapes and colors), so I need to get going. But I thought I'd share a typical day in my glamorous life with you all. :)
1 comment:
Hi Deb, I miss you so much and I love that you are posting more on your blog. We came back from our yearly NH visit a couple days ago and it was wonderful, but you were really missed. The gang just wasn't the same without you, there was a huge hole where you should have been. I'm so happy that you are loving Alaska. Knowing how hard it has been for me to move, I don't worry quite as much about you when I read that you are enjoying your new location. Have you found some great friends there? We need to talk and catch up, soon! Love you, Gail
Post a Comment