Tuesday, July 14, 2009

So Much Good Stuff!

It has been a busy, happy time here in Alaska. Let me get you up to speed.

First and foremost, Andy's sister Stefani got married to a wonderful guy, Ben, on July 9th. Here is a picture of the happy couple.

They were married in the Anchorage Temple. I almost made it through without crying! So close! They are spending their honeymoon in Hawaii and will be back later this week. They are so good together and we are having such fun with them!

In between wedding fun, we've also been exploring Alaska. Andy took us on a hike through a small part of the Eagle River Nature Center. There are so many trails to explore, but we did a short one as the kids were tired and it was hot that day. Here are some pictures, I don't remember the name of the mountains, I'm still learning the geography.




We also discovered a great hands-on science center for the kids. We quickly became family members as the girls impressed the staff in the Marine tanks by telling them that they had sea stars, not star fish.


Sarah and Ben INSIDE a bubble!
And Christian, practicing to be the next Shuttle Pilot!


We are having fun and staying busy. We home school Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays. On Tuesdays we have Library day where we go for toddler story time in the morning, stay for live music on the lawn (and have a picnic lunch), then stay for the older kid story/craft time. About four hours and 40+ books later, we all leave the library excited to get home and start reading our books. We are so nerdy!! Thursdays are our Field Trip days, the science center has been our favorite so far. We might go to the zoo this week, either that or back to the science center!


Next week the girls are going to a Girl Scout camp in Anchorage. They are having a detective themed week and I think they girls will have a blast! The following week the science center is having Hogwarts School of Magic, Science and Imagination. I wish I could attend that one! While the girls are thus occupied, I'm planning on potty training the boys. My focus will be on Ben, but I purchased a second potty chair for Christian just in case we wants to try too. I don't think I'll be lucky enough to get two trained at once, but a girl has to try, ya know? Any tips on potty training boys, please let me know!

1 comment:

savannah said...

I can't believe how big Christian looks with his sister. What a change from last summer. They don't stay little very long. I love the blog - you write beautifully!
Love,
Grammy