Sunday, July 26, 2009

My first 39th Birthday


I celebrated my first 39th birthday this past Sunday. I told myself it was no big deal, my age has never bothered me before, always joked about it, but this week it was there in the back of my mind. This morning I even found myself asking Andy, "do I look like I'm almost 40?" Andy, being the very wise and kind man he is, looked me straight in the eye and said, "no." What a good man!
So this is my last year in my 30s. My 30s have been so good to me, my favorite decade by far. So, before I bid them a fond adieu there are a few more things I'd like to accomplish. Here they are in no particular order:
  1. Run a half-marathon

  2. Increase my running per mile speed to a consistent 10 minute mile (I can do this on the treadmill, but not on pavement).

  3. Spend a lot of time with the kids - "geeking out" with them as we indulge our love for learning.

  4. Get an article published in a magazine (preferably the Ensign, but I won't be picky)

  5. Have a baby girl. I'm ready to meet my Evelyn now, whenever Heavenly Father decides to send her to us. Sat behind a cute little red head baby girl in church today - oh yeah, I'm totally ready for a baby again. Love 'em!

So there you have it. I'd love to say be debt free, but that isn't going to happen in the next 12 months. I'd love to say buy our dream farm in New Hampshire, but that's not in the cards either. I'd be quite happy to say buy or build our other dream log cabin in Alaska, but until our house sells in NH that isn't going to happen. So, I'll just focus on what I can really do as I spend the next 12 months winding up this decade of my life. Then, I'll think about what I want to do in my 40s. Oh wait, that's right, when Andy turned 40 (2.5 years ago!) he outlawed the use of the "f-word." Did I mention he was a wise and kind man??

No comments: