Canada has been beautiful, and everyone really is so nice here, but I'm ready to leave the world of the Metric System behind. Every time I think we're doing great, I'll see a road sign saying 562 to our target city and I always have to remind myself it's KM, not miles! And don't even get me started on how excited I was to see gas at 1.52 - only to realize that's a liter, not a gallon. They do have an amazing candy bar here though that I'll miss - the Bounty. Mmm, so yummy, but oh so glad it's not in the US!
Our drive today was pretty uneventful. Lots of farms and prairies. It was a gorgeous day and this afternoon when we stopped for gas we had the kiddos go run an an adjacent field. They had so much fun!
Another exciting moment - was seeing this ...
Who-hoo! I haven't seen this warm of weather in more than a year! Good-bye cool weather clothes, it's time for shorts and flip-flops, and I'm SO ready for them - cute toes and all!
1 comment:
I would like to give you an early welcome to USA-the 48 - that is!!
I can't wait to see everyone again.
By the way, please don't spend money purchasing shorts/tops for the boys because I came across some GREAT sales and I can supply them with summer clothes. Just thought that I would mention it BEFORE you doing any buying!!
Love you! Mom
Post a Comment