Sunday, June 3, 2012

A Recap of the Past 3 Days - With Photos!

Ahh, a day of rest has been lovely. We slept in, swam like the fish we are, and the kiddos all were snoring by 6:45 pm this evening.  Perfection!  We have our longest day yet tomorrow - 650 miles - so we'll be getting an early start.

I've been taking pictures to "document" our crazy move across the continent.  Today I had time to connect the camera and post, so here goes.  Our life in pictures over the past 3 days.

Day 1 - Once all my preparations were done, boxes packed, trailer loaded, more boxes shipped, laundry done, house cleaned, food / snacks ready, I had one more thing left on my to do list.  A pedicure.


So, now that I had pretty toes, we were off!


It was a short drive, but we saw some amazing views!  The Mat-Su Glacier...



... and mountain, after majestic mountain.



On Day 2 - we let the cats out of their crate.  Oh was it exciting!









Little Sam enjoyed watching the cats too, but he preferred his books.  That's my boy!


And of course, more amazing views.





Day 3, began with an incredible treat - blueberries!  Big, fat, juicy blueberries!  Mmm!  Even more excitement as we devoured this tasty treat!




We also saw a TON of animals on Day 3!  We saw herds of bison, elk, deer, some bears, moose, geese, swans, and even a porcupine or two!  So fun!  We're working hard to make sure we enjoy this trip - even with all the little challenges (and big miracles!) that are part of it!

Next stop ... Edmonton, Alberta, Canada!

1 comment:

Betty said...

Wow the pictures are fanatastic!
What an incredible trip you are on and the sights that you are seeing on your travels. By the way, my neighbor was telling me that there is a great stagecoach museum in Edminton that is worth going to IF you have the time. You probably will not have the time but I at least thought that I would mettion it to you. Love you and look forward to welcoming you all to Florida! Love, Mom