OK, we made it to Whitehorse! Whew! The roads have been really bumpy ("dips" as they are called in The MilePost), and not always paved, but the worst of them should be over (I think). We only "bottomed out" twice, so I think that's pretty good, it was just REALLY slow going at points today.
Two tough things about driving the Al-Can, there is NOTHING for hundreds of miles! You fill up whenever you see a gas station once you hit the half-way mark on your tank, because you don't know when you'll see another one. We're struggling with dinner - no one is hungry for it at 4 pm when we pass food options, and then it might be 9 pm before we see any more options! Looking forward to getting back into civilization in about 2-3 days.
I left the camera in the car and it's 11 pm here and I STILL have about 2 hours worth of work to do for University of Phoenix tonight, so no pics again. Sorry. I will post a bunch tomorrow though - been taking pictures like I was Amy Makechnie or something! :)
Bringing the cats with us has proven to be a HUGE blessing! Who knew?? They are great travellers, sleep on laps or on the floor, a terrific distraction for the kids, and have adjusted to their life in a harness/on a leasch quite well. I love it when things work out.
We are in Canada now. We had a rousing verse of "O Canada!" as we left the good 'ole USA. Unfortunately, that was about all any one of us knew except Andy so it quickly turned into a solo. I told the kids we'd have to learn more of the song while watching the Olympics this summer - so excited to see them again, LOVE the Olympics!!
OK, need to get back to grading papers. All is well, we're on schedule, another LONG day tomorrow then we'll rest on Sunday. Hmm, 7 people and two cats crammed in a hotel room for a day - rest might not be the most appropriate word for that!
Friday, June 1, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment